Have you ever heard of “Project Charter” on project management document type? This kind of document is a short document used in project management. This document is also often referred to as the Project Definition or Project Statement.
In a sense, Project Charter also determines the success and failure of a project. This is because this document contains important information which includes the scope to be achieved from an ongoing project. Although at first glance it sounds the same as part of project planning, Project Charter is different because it only contains brief information and not detailed such as the tasks of each subunit in a project.
Whether the project runs or not will depend on the readiness of the Project Charter. For this reason, this document was created before the official project entered the execution stage. Later, this document will be a parameter for determining whether the project will be started by describing the process and objectives to be achieved.
1. Project Charter helps decide whether to execute a project.
2. Contains information that describes the risks and estimates of a project.
3. Define the responsibilities of stakeholders later in the project.
1. Understand your project goals and objectives. Identify your project vision and determine the scope of the project.
2. Determine the form of organization in your project. List all the important roles a project requires. Such as executive stakeholders to the project team in the field.
3. Make an implementation plan which includes milestones, timelines, dependencies, and stakeholders.
4. List the potential risks or obstacles that may occur as the project progresses. Nobody expected any problems with his project. However, making this kind of planning allows the entire team to be in control of the situation and to cope well if the anticipated problems do occur.
Maybe some of you can’t really digest the explanation of this project management term than through examples. So, let’s look at an example of a Project Charter below and imagine that you are compiling it with information from your current project plan.
Company AAA Project Charter
Project Name: “Investing in the Middle of a Pandemic. Financial Growing or Financial Gambling? ” Webinar
Project Description: An investment-themed seminar that was held for 1 hour with Mr. XX as the speaker.
Business Case: Supports company goals of:
Project Budget: IDR 25,000,000 (Twenty-five million rupiah)
Promotion and Registration: 10 March to 10 April 2021
Live Webinar: 11 April 202
Project Team Members:
Project Manager: Sarah Niel
Art Designer: Agata Chelsea
Contact Person: Dara Luna
Webinar Host: Rose Melia
Social Media Coordinator: Andre
Speaker Coordinator: Rara
That’s an explanation of what Project Charter is and its important function in project management. Always update the latest information about project management here with Tomps.id, your project management solution!
22 November 2023
28 November 2023
Manage Projects, Properties, and Assets Efficiently
Boost company productivity and efficiency with Tomps products, trusted by businesses across various industries in Indonesia.Schedule a Demo